I love cheese! Fontina cheese melts so well and has a great taste. It is compared to Gouda cheese however it is a bit fruitier in my opinion. I created this simple recipe combining some of my other favorite foods.
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup medium sliced Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted julienne cut sun-dried tomato
- 10 leaves baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut a slit along one side of the chicken breast with a sharp non-serrated knife being careful not to cut all the way through. Keep the cut as center as possible. Set chicken in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat and saute the sun dried tomatoes for 2 minutes. Then add the spinach and saute for 1 minute stirring continuously so the spinach doesn't burn. Remove onto plate and let cool.
- Using your fingers stuff the chicken with the Fontina cheese then the sun dried tomato and spinach saute.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in the same deep skillet over medium heat.
- Coat both sides of the chicken breasts with the herb blend and set breasts in skillet. Cover.
- Cook on each side for 8-12 minutes, covering throughout. Adjust time according to thickens of chicken and type of cooking range.