Aug 26, 2009

Virginia Vacation

The trip to Virginia was wonderful! It was my first experience with such wonderful historic architecture and ambiance. I met more members of my boyfriends family, had great lunches, dinners, and ice cream . We actually spent 2 hours one night just walking the streets of downtown Alexandria VA. I was consumed by the history and imagining the family's and people who once walked the same streets that I was walking. Who once lived in these houses of brick? Where did those who lived here in the 1700 and 1800's come from? Night had fallen and I just couldn't pull away from the romanticism of this historic city. I didn't want to leave and I now find myself wanting to take in more of this world and its history. My boyfriend finds funny that I now want to move to VA. I just couldn't take the cold in winter time.

No comments: